How to do SEO?
How to do SEO, is a question that has been put to me in many different ways, mostly:-
- I am a beginner, can I do SEO myself?
- How do I improve my website’s visibility online?
- How do I improve search engine rankings for my website?
- Wow! I want my website to rank in search engines too. Can you show me how to do it?
I tell everyone that Search Engine optimization is not rocket science, with knowledge and loads of patience you can do it yourself. Nevertheless, there are two ways of going about it:-
1. The first is to hire SEO consultants to do the work for you. There are various websites that will provide you with a list of consultants. The consultants charge depending upon the kind of SEO service you want them to provide. Beware of services that guarantee ranking in the top ten results of the search engine ranking pages. It is essential that you follow white hat seo or ethical seo always.
2. The second way is to do it yourself. This blog was started with the goal of helping out webmasters with optimizing their sites. Although, not one of the easiest of things to do, but you can do it with knowledge and a ton of patience.
SEO for beginners
To begin with, you can start with the below-mentioned SEO basics, I have covered almost all the basic stuff that you will need in order to do SEO yourself.
1. Define your website goal or objective. What is the purpose of your website? What do you plan to achieve from having a website or blog?
2. Determine who your target audience is: This will help in delivering targeted messages to your core audience.
3. Optimize the content of each of your web page. Your page title and description should be in synchrony with what your page is all about. Optimize the content in each of your web page with relevant keywords/ key phrases.
This blog has a whole lot of information on optimizing your site and will help you as a beginner.
If you found this helpful, you may find how to do SEO part II helpful too.
More about search in optimization here.