How to do SEO?
I have had this question put to me in many different ways, mostly:-
How do I improve my website’s visibility online?
How do I improve search engine rankings for my website?
What do you do and how do you do it?
Can I do SEO myself?
Interesting, Can you teach me SEO?
Wow! I want my website to rank in search engines too. Can you show me how to do it?
I tell everyone that SEO is not rocket science, with knowledge and loads of patience you can do SEO yourself. Nevertheless, there are two ways of going about it:-
1. The first is to hire SEO consultants to do the SEO work for you. There are various websites that will provide you with a list of SEO consultants. SEO consultants charge depending upon the kind of SEO service you want them to provide. Beware of SEO services that guarantee ranking in the top ten results of the search engine ranking pages. It is essential that you follow white hat seo or ethical seo always.
2. The second way is to do it yourself. This blog, SEO best practices, was started with the goal of helping out webmasters with SEO. Although, not the easiest of things to do, SEO is a mix of art and science and requires a ton of patience.
To begin with, you can start with the below-mentioned SEO basics, I have covered almost all the basic stuff that you will need in order to do SEO yourself.
1. Define your website goal or objective. What is the purpose of your website? What do you plan to achieve from having a website or blog?
2. Who is your target audience?
3. Optimize the content of each of your web page. Your page title and description should be in synchrony with what your page is all about. Optimize the content in each of your web page with relevant keywords/ key phrases.
To be continued…