If you are looking for a way of increasing traffic to your blog, the best way to do so is to suggest your blog for consideration to blog directories.
Not only will your blog get the benefit of incoming natural links, it will also start receiving more relevant traffic. If you have not considered suggesting your blog for inclusion in blog directories, I would recommend that you invest some time and do so.
I have written an article on “Are blog directory submissions a must for promoting your blogs?” some time back, this post is a continuation of that post, I am adding 10 more blog directories to the list. All of these blog directories are fuss-free and free, therefore you will find it extremely easy to suggest your blog. And none of these blog directories (except one) require you to link back. All of these blog directories are active as on August 3, 2013.
Before starting the process of suggesting your blog to the blog directories, I would recommend that you have the below-mentioned details handy because you will need to provide this information to the blog directories.
a) Title of your blog
b) Blog URL
c) Blog Description
Other than the items mentioned above, you might need to select an appropriate category from among the list of categories that the blog directory has.
So, if you are ready, let me go over these 10 blog directories:-
- Bloglines.com: You will need to register or open an account with them. After confirming the email id, you are free to suggest your blog.
- Boingboing.net: Just provide your blog URL, tile, and description. No registration required.
- Blogdigger.com: The no fuss blog directory, just provide your blog URL and you are done! No registration required. This is more like a Blog search engine.
- Blogrankings.com: You will need to provide an user id and password and it will register you instantly. The dashboard will provide you the option of adding a blog. In order for your submission to get accepted, you will need to provide a reciprocal link to the blog directory from your blog.
- Plazoo.com: The Blog feed URL, category and email address needs to be provided only and you are done.
- Bloglisting.com: Blog title and URL needs to be provided only.
- Blog-search.com: You will need to register for an account and then suggest your blog.
- Allforblog.com: You will need to register for an account and then suggest your blog.
- Alltop.com: You will need to register for an account and then suggest your blog.
- Directory.blogaz.net: You will need to provide your blog URL, Category, and your email id. You will need to click on the confirmation link that they email you in order to confirm your submission.
That’s about it for now. Even though the process is very simple, it can get boring and tedious. You don’t have to do it all in a day, space it out, you can do this over a couple of days, and between other tasks…after all you may not find such a simple way of getting free and natural traffic!