Are you launching a new website? Then this post is for you. I am discussing today the advantages and disadvantages from the SEO perspective when launching a new website.
It is common and natural for all of us to wish for our websites to rank at the top in the SERPs. But also common amongst us is a desperation to get to the top of SERPs. A step taken out of desperation may have a lot of adverse effects, and in the long run end up hurting the website visibility!
Indeed it may seem like an uphill task to get your website to rank well in the major search engines when you have just about launched your brand new website.The enormity of the task may just make you desperate enough to try any means to get to the top of search results.
No matter what, I would advise you to be patient and not resort to claims from many operators who wish to convince you to use their software or their services in order to rank within the top ten search results. Sometimes there is a money back guarantee attached to it as well!
I would advise you to not pay heed to any of these tall claims. SEO is not something that can be applied and experienced immediately. Remember the sites that are ranking well have put in a lot of effort to be where they are now.
All is not lost though…and things are not really that desolate for a new web site. If you are launching your website now for a market that is already saturated with existing established sites, you still have a good chance to gain visibility.
Your new website competition will be immense and it will certainly be a challenging task to produce results immediately. But with time, patience, and the correct SEO techniques everything is possible.
(image taken from fivegulf.com)
There are disadvantages and believe it or not many advantages of Search engine optimizing a brand new site.
Let me sum up the disadvantages of launching a new site from SEO perspective first–
- If your web site caters to an already over saturated market, it will indeed be a tough task to rank…but not impossible.
- Making the website visible to the online audience through SEO efforts is a time taking process.
- Your competition is already many steps ahead with thousands of incoming links and decent rankings.
Now for the Advantages of a brand new web site–
- You can learn from the mistakes and successes of others.
- You have the advantage of loads of data at the click of your mouse. Study your competitors websites, and do a thorough research.
- Run a short campaign on Google Adwords, find out which keywords work for you.
- Your biggest advantage is the Social media; searchers no longer depend upon search engines for their answers. You can create attractive videos and upload it on to YouTube and other popular video sites. Facebook, Linkedin and many other social networking sites offer various ways of promoting products and services as well.
- More importantly, just do things a little differently from what is already there in your competitor’s websites. Offer something of value to your potential customers for free.
In summary, when launching a new website, there are several advantages and disadvantages from the SEO perspective, but there is a huge opportunity to be successful.
SEO takes time, but your efforts will pay off with time. A few key things to remember are:
- To always use content that is original and is of value to your visitors.
- Your online marketing plan should be a mix of organic and paid marketing. You can continue to tweak that once you start getting results.
Wish you all the best on this exciting journey, and see you at the top!