10 Tips to optimize your website for users
In this post I am sharing 10 tips to optimize your website for users and search engines.
Now that you have a website, enhancing the user experience will not only help in keeping your visitors longer and interested in your website, it will help in increasing your visibility on search engines as well.
1. Simplicity: The first tip is to ensure that it is easy for the users to access information in your site. They should not feel lost in the maze of information.Simple and lucid is the mantra.
2. Navigation:It will be very helpful for users if a simple Navigation is followed. If you are using images for your navigation, it might be helpful to have corresponding textual navigation.That way even if your images do not download, your textual navigation will provide the necessary guidance.
3. Newsletter: Consider having a newsletter. You can get visitors to register for your newsletter for free. Newsletters are a great way to communicate with potential customers. Have ample scope in your website to receive user feedback.
4. Design; Design the contact us form so that it is an easy way for visitors to reach you. Drop down options will make it easy and fast for visitors to send you a feedback. It helps to have a short feedback form, and If possible make only a few fields mandatory.
5. Local Optimization: If you have a local presence, do mention the address of the organization. Equally important is to have accurate phone numbers, and directions to reach your office.
6. Start a blog. Blogs helps generate content and encourages participation from visitors. It will be helpful if you provide external links to websites that complement your business. For example, when you publish a new post, consider including links to articles, videos that may be helpful for your visitors.
7. Sitemap: Have a site map that clearly shows the layout of the website. A few lines of description against each page link will help visitors get a snapshot of what the page is about, This will also help in increasing your visibility on Search engines.
8. Website Search option:Having a search option in your website is a must, especially if there is a lot of information and categories and products.
9. Sharing content on Social Networking site: Requesting visitors to share your posts/ pages, if they found your website to be of value, on social networking sites such, as Twitter, Pinterst, Instagram, LinkedIN,
10. Analyzing website traffic: Web traffic analysis software can be easily installed and you can get one for free such as Google analytics. It is such a wonderful tool to further optimize your website based on data you will have access to.
I hope this was helpful to you. You may find the below-mentioned link from Google helpful: