What is a blog directory and how would submitting to a blog directory help you in getting visitors?
- A blog directory organizes and categorizes blogs in such a way that any one can find blogs related to any topic easily.
You can search a blog directory with relevant keywords or dig deep in the directory to zero in to the category that you are looking for.Much like the website directories like Yahoo! and Dmoz.
- Getting a listing in a good blog directory assures you of a good amount of promotion in terms of the exposure that your blog receives.
- Whenever anyone searches for your relevant keywords or seaches a category in which you are listed, they will find your blog.
- You will also receive a permanent (in most cases) link back to you blog.
A step by step submission guide to some of the top Blog directories: –
Before beginning your submissions, arm yourself with the following –
- A one line attractive title for your blog. It should convey what your blog is about.
- A description of your blog. It can be 2-3 sentences. Avoid very promotional stuff. Be descriptive and creative while writing the description.
Listed below are a few directories you could submit your blog to:-
1. BOTW (blogs.botw.org)- Click on the ‘Submit blog’ link. They charge annually $75 to review your blog within 3 business days. But this service does not ensure that your blog will be included. Since, this blog directory is very selective about the sites it includes in its directory, it is worthwhile investing in it. If you want a quality permanent link,i would suggest you go for this service, else if you do not mind waiting, here is the link from where you can submit your blog for free.
You blog must be more than six months old.
2. Bloggeries (bloggeries.com) – Featured links $54.99 / Annually, Regular links $39.99 / One-Time Only
It assures fast reviews (within 48 hrs)
The fee for Regular links is one-time only.
This includes 3-5 deep links.
3. Ontoplist (ontoplist.com)
You submit for free by providing a reciprocal link to ontoplist or you have options of making monthly payments for your submissions. In this case it is not mandatory that you provide any reciprocal link.
4. Globe of Blogs (globeofblogs.com) – Go to register your blog link. It is a very simple one page form. In order to include your blog in their directory, they will need a link back to them.
5. Blog universe (bloguniverse.com)- This is a human edited directory. You have to pay to get included in their directory. Reciprocal linking is not mandatory but would be nice.
Some other useful blog directories to which you could consider submitting your blog to are:
I will revisit this article to update new blog directories from time to time. You can find out about directory submissions for web sites at web site directory submissions.