SEO optimize your images
SEO optimize your images with these easy to implement image optimization tips discussed in this post.
Given below are the 5 best and easy to implement best practices that you can use to SEO optimize your images.
1. Image Relevancy best practices
Images are used because they are relevant and compliment the content of your page. For example, images of products/services offered are highly relevant. However, images are often used to explain something specific and in more detail, such as, graphs, data, charts, such images not only compliment the content, they do a great job of retaining the attention of your visitors. Relevancy is therefore one of the key factors to consider while using and optimizing images for your website/ web pages.
2.Providing a relevant Alternative Text to images
A thought out image in your content has a bigger impact on your potential customer vis-à-vis just plain text. This is a useful reminder when we work on the content strategy for our website. As discussed in the previous paragraph, using images just because you need images will not be much of a help, what you need is an image that will add to your online persuasive content marketing efforts. To optimize your image further, a title needs to be provided along with an Alt tag (Alternative text).This is the place to get creative, as in, in a short sentence describe what the image is all about. When you provide complete information about the image, it helps both the human visitors, in case the images don’t download their browsers don’t support it for whatever reasons, and for search engines as well since they get the details that they need in order to index your image in their database. When your image is well optimized, it shows up on searching with the keyword on image search.
3.Optimum size of images
Try to minimize the size of your images,if you are using too many images, they might make your page very heavy thereby increasing the download time of your image. More on this is discussed later in the post.
4. Image copyrights
Make sure you own the copyright of the images or you have the permission of the owner of the image to use the image on your web page.
5. Image Optimizers
1. Adobe Photoshop : Adobe is one of the best tools available for optimizing images.
2. Online image optimizer : Image Optimizer lets you easily optimize your gifs, animated gifs, jpgs, and pngs, so they load as fast as possible on your site. Furthermore, you can easily convert from one image type to another. Upload Size limit: 300 kB
3. Riot: Radical Image Optimization Tool (RIOT for short) is a free image optimizer that will let you to visually adjust compression parameters while keeping minimum file size.
4. Web resizer : lets you easily optimize your gifs, animated gifs, jpgs, and pngs, so they load as fast as possible on your site. Furthermore, you can easily convert from one image type to another. Upload Size limit: 300 kB
I have mentioned only some of the SEO image optimizing tools, there are many more and most of them are available for free! Go ahead and make SEO image optimization a part of your SEO strategy. It will pay you huge dividends.